It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Raspberry Blackcurrant Grande

That's one of my favorite drink from Starbucks.

Recently, the outlet that I normally frequent employ a non-average looking staff. Well, she's definitely Thai, but she also looks a bit of a half-kid (that's what Thai people term those with mixed blood) and she kinda dye her hair as well. However, I doubt her proficiency in English though. Not that I mind but she's working in Starbucks, located in one of the posh-est area in Bangkok, with many expats stay.

So, there I was, at the counter and there she was feeling very delighted to serve her customer. So I opened my bloody mouth..and spoke (I believed) very clearly...'Raspberry Blackcurrant, Grande'... she was stumped for a while, looking confused and then she uttered the following: "Oh...you want a Latte, hot?"...I kinda looked surprised and raised my voice a little and also point my (bloody) finger to the menu board and said out again...'Raspberry Blackcurrant'...of which another staff came over and save the day.....

So..Starbucks management, let me tell you this...before you put your stuff to man the counter, please make sure the staff clearly aware of all the basic, common products available. This product is not new..it has always been on the menu board...and yet, I'm stumped that a Grande can became a Latte...didn't i mentioned about her English skill...

Hmmmmmmmm.............

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home