It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Is it Malaysia or my ex-company just underpaid employees?

There are times when you woke up, you just knew that it will be a great day ahead and I believed today is the day. Honestly, I have no idea what time is was when I first woke up, though I believed it would be around 4 or 5am considering I went to bed at 9.30pm yesterday. When I finally get out of bed, it's 7.30am, still early but at least I had nearly 10 hours of sleep, a very rare occasion. With classes over weekend, I just don't have such luxury of sleeping until noon like some of my friends in KL, though they always gave clubbing till 3 or 4am as reasons.

What I did was to finish watching this movie, which I watched halfway before turning to bed yesterday. Upon completing the movie, I received a call from my boss...gee...it was Saturday morning. But what took place really changed my perception about my ex-company and really glad that I left. She told me that she needed to finalize all the financial issue on employees, hence she needed to confirm with me with regards to increment and bonus for my sub-ordinates. And I learnt the salary and the bonus amount was much difference from my ex-company. Which really gave me the 'underpaid' scenario again. Imagine that an SRE here is getting the salary of a Manager in my ex. The increment is actually at an acceptable level, unlike my ex-company. Together with the basic bonus (i.e 1 month), even the performance bonus was way much better than my ex-company.

But then again, can I compared directly considering I'm working here in Thailand? If it's really just the way my ex-company approach, then I will definitely advice my close friends still working there, to get out if opportunity arise. It is clearly an overwork (not just too many projects to handle but also working beyond the scope of one's current position) and underpaid. I have no regret of working there for 6 years but if given the chance, I believed I would have move out sooner. Well, I'll make sure that I'll highlight this given the opportunity to meet up with the HR person of my ex-company.

Now, I'll just have to face the fact if the 'performance bonus is only applicable for locals' is a reality. Bracing it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home