It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Excuse Me Sir, They Give You More Than Me!

Well another funny thing happen on the 2nd Day of December. With money to spend, I decided to visit the new Japanese restaurant in the Hypermarket which I visit every Saturday. After browsing the menu, I decided to go for the Tempura Seafood set which cost only 99 baht. Within minutes, the food arrived.

Suddenly, I heard this old woman sitting next to me saying something to the waitress while pointing at my food. I was thinking she's just asking for the name of my set. A minute after the waitress had left, she decided to say this to me: "Excuse me Sir, You know, they gave you a lot more than mine. I came here four to five times a month, and i normally got 4 to 5 pieces of tempura only". I was kinda speechless...am i supposed to feel guilty or what? It's not my fault that the chef decided to give me a few more tempura. I think I got about 7 pieces. I continue to eat though feeling a bit uneasy.

As I almost finish my meal, she decided to speak to me again:
Old Woman: "Look at that dish over there (same dish as mine), it also got a lot".
Me: "Well, you should complain to the management then".
Old Woman: "Oh..I'm not going to do that. I'm just not coming here for one month. They want to play game with me huh".

Again, I was speechless. Just smile and continue to eat my meal. Before she left, she give me her bottle of mineral water (which was half empty).
Old Woman: "Hey, please have this. I can't finish it"
Me: "er..thanks".

Gee...what a not so guilty but yet felt so guilty lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home