It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Are You Ready?

The recent decision of two ex-colleagues of mine deciding to leave their new job for just a few weeks/ months had me wondering. When is the right time for one to jump and how does one know about it.

When I decided to make my jump early this year, the top management told me that it’s a wrong decision, it’s a suicidal jump, blah blah blah. Well, I had to admit that this jump is not a smooth jump.

There are some regrets to it but not critical enough for me to make another jump. I guess it’s because I’m very clear of the direction I’m planning to go. Furthermore the situation that I’m in is not that bad actually.

As we are approaching into the mid-30s, JUMPING is not as easy as it used to be anymore. One wrong jump could actually be suicidal, especially if there are nothing to cushion the fall or we are jumping without a string attached, which could pull us back to where we was.

A lot of the time, we always believed that the grass is always greener on the other side. But in actual fact it is not. Though it may look green but the soil could be really wet and muddy.

The question then, are we willing to withstand this muddy soil knowing that the soil will get drier and better ahead? Or will the soil get drier?
Jumping without any direction or jumping in a desperation situation at most time is very risky. It could very well depend on your luck. You may end up at a greener Pasteur or you may just end up in a hospital with broken hands and legs. So are you ready?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home