It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Thousand Different Ways...Still Crap



I’ve no idea what got me to purchase Clay Aiken’s latest album since I didn’t even own a single one of his previous albums let alone his singles. But since this is album is filled with remakes of great classics, I believed the risk of it being crap is low. How wrong I was.

The first track, Right Here Waiting was totally far off from Richard Marx’s heartfelt rendition. How many people had covered Air Supply’s Without You? Fortunately, the arrangement is not that different from the original, therefore it’s an acceptable version. By the fourth track, Everytime You Go Away, I kinda realize the problem lies in Aiken himself. Just too Aiken-ish, I guess. Not a bad rendition yet not able to match the original. I think I’ve done enough damage to this album already. Even Blue’s remake version of Elton John’s Sorry sounds much better.
Guess I just wasted my 350 baht. Now...where is that John Legend CD?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One mans crap is another mans fortune. Don't know how you didn't expect it to be Aiken-ish as it does have his name on it..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home