It's Not Nag, It's Just Me

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Moment of Silence




I didn't realise it was that serious and as I'm typing, I believed the (death) toll continue to climb.

It was around 2.30pm, I was having a discussion with one of our Director and suddenly we heard this creaking sound ("erk...erk...erk....erk") coming from the glass panel, which is basically the wall.

The first thing she mentioned was "Is this an earthquake?". I told her it's probably the strong wind considering that our previous aftershock experiences had been a few hours after a major quake in neighboring countries and I was just browsing some news and none mentioned about it. But the sound continue... so I decided to search for more news and the US Geological site did indicate a big earthquake detected in Central China in the last hour. And since it was quite a distance away and it's inland, I thought there might not be much casualties....and how wrong I was.

And this is just right after the typhoon incident in Myanmar. Back to back...with thousands of casualties...global warming? signs of the world collapsing?

Either way, my prayer and sympathy goes out to the victims and the families....

A moment of silence....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home